Home may be where the heart is, but for the Hamilton Bulldogs, it’s wherever they can find one. The American Hockley League’s team pre-season game against the Syracuse Crunch, originally scheduled for the Jack Gatecliff Arena in St. Catharines is moving to Niagara Falls.
The Bulldogs announced Tuesday that the exhibition game will be played at the Niagara Falls Memorial Arena on Oct. 1 at 4 p.m.
The Bulldogs earlier announced that one regular season game this year would be played at the Bell Centre, home of their National Hockey League parents the Montreal Canadiens, because of scheduling conflicts at their home arena, Copps Coliseum.
Tickets for the Falls “home” exhibition game, one of two the Bulldogs will play away from Hamilton, will cost $17 for adults, $13 for children 13 and under and go on sale Saturday, Aug. 19. They can be purchased at:
- Mick and Angelo’s Eatery and Bar, 7600 Lundy’s Lane, Niagara Falls (905-357-6543
- Cupolo’s Sports, 5510 Ferry St., Niagara Falls (905-356-4850)
- All Niagara Falls Jr. “B” Canucks home games, Niagara Falls Memorial Arena
- Hamilton Bulldogs office, 101 York Blvd., (905-529-8500).
The Bulldogs also announced that tickets for their second home away from home preseason game at the Southwood Arena in Woodstock are on sale now. The ‘Dogs will play the Toronto Marlies on Saturday, Sept. 30 at 4 p.m.
All tickets will cost $20 and includes a ticket to the Woodstock Navy Vets Junior C home opener against the Paris Mounties. Tickets for the Woodstock game can be purchased at:
- Crabby Joe’s Tap & Grill, 409 Dundas St., Woodstock (519-539-4946)
- Southwood Arena, 381 Finkle St. (519-421-3484)
- Oxford Source for Sports, 290 Norwich Ave., Woodstock (519-537-7801)
- Hamilton Bulldogs front office