The Hamilton Bulldogs dropped their second consecutive home game on Tuesday night with a 7-2 loss to the Peoria Rivermen at Copps Coliseum. As a result, the ‘Dogs record falls to 16-17-1-5 on the season.
Hamilton opened the scoring at 11:50 of the first frame when Corey Locke broke down the left wing on an odd-man rush and snapped a wrist shot over the glove of Rivermen goaltender Hannu Toivonen. The goal was Locke’s 14th this American Hockey League season.
But it was downhill from the point on for the Bulldogs as the Rivermen scored six straight goals.
Peoria evened the score at the 14:47 mark on a goal by Nicholas Drazenovic. Martin Kariya then scored his eighth goal of the campaign with just 1:09 remaining in the frame on the power play to give the Rivermen a 2-1 lead.
Peoria extended its lead with three goals in the middle stanza. Mike Glumac scored his 12th, Nikolay Lemtyugov made it 4-1 after he potted his 10th tally of the campaign (18:01), and Jeff Woywitka scored his eighth goal 13 seconds later to make the score 5-1 after two periods.
The Rivermen added another goal at 11:52 of the final frame when Lemtyugov notched his second of the game.
The Bulldogs got their last goal at the 13:02 mark of the third period when Matt D’Agostini scored his 11th of the season. D’Agostini has now registered a goal in four consecutive games (Jan. 9-15) and is also riding a career-high eight-game point streak (Jan. 2-15) with five goals and four assists during that span.
With just 12 seconds remaining in the game, Glumac scored on the power play to make the score 7-2.
Hamilton goaltender Carey Price made 24 saves on 31 shots while Peoria netminder Hannu Toivonen made 21 saves on 23 shots.
The Bulldogs were 0-for-6 with the man advantage, while the Rivermen went 3-for-6 on the power play.
The Bulldogs return to action on Friday (Jan. 18) at 8 p.m. when they visit the San Antonio Rampage at the AT&T Center. Hamilton’s next home game is on Wednesday, Jan. 23 at 7:30 p.m. against the Lake Erie Monsters at Copps Coliseum.
1. HAM – Corey Locke-14 (Greg Stewart) – 11:50
2. PEO – Nicholas Drazenovic-6 (Jean-Guy Trudel) – 14:47
3. PEO – Martin Kariya-8 (Jean-Guy Trudel, Micki Dupont) – 18:51 (pp)
4. PEO – Mike Glumac-12 (Jean-Guy Trudel, Martin Kariya) – 5:54 (pp)
5. PEO – Nikolay Lemtyugov-10 (Nicholas Drazenovic, Charles Linglet) – 18:01
6. PEO – Jeff Woywitka-8 (unassisted) – 18:14
7. PEO – Nikolay Lemtyugov-11 (Julian Talbot) – 11:52
8. HAM – Matt D’Agostini-11 (Duncan Milroy, Daniel Corso) – 13:02
9. PEO – Mike Glumac-13 (Chris Porter, Ryan Glenn) – 19:48 (pp)