Montreal – The Hamilton Bulldogs defeated the Rochester Americans, 3-2, on Friday night (Feb. 22) in front of 10,173 fans at Bell Centre. Steve Quailer scored the game-winner and Daultan Leveille had two assists in the American Hockey League tilt.
The Americans opened the scoring midway into the first period on a goal by Mark Pysyk, who beat goaltender Dustin Tokarski with a low shot.
Hamilton tied the score just over a minute later when Jarred Tinordi shot the puck in from the left point. The puck bounced off the backboards and trickled in off the pad of goaltender David Leggio. With an assist on the play, Leveille notched his first-career point in the AHL.
Less than three minutes later, Rochester regained the lead on a shorthanded tally by Maxime Legault.
The ‘Dogs pulled even again just 26 seconds into the second frame on a goal by Mike Blunden. Michael Bournival fed a pass from the left corner and Blunden tipped it under Leggio.
At 2:04 of the period, Quailer picked up the puck from Leveille and snapped it over the shoulder of Leggio.
Hamilton outshot Rochester 25-19.
The Bulldogs’ next game is against the Milwaukee Admirals at Copps Coliseum on Sunday (Feb. 24) at 3 p.m.
1. RCH – Mark Pysyk (4) – (Phil Varone) – 10:35
2. HAM – Jarred Tinordi (2) – (Zack Stortini, Daultan Leveille) – 11:43
3. RCH – Maxime Legault (3) – (Brayden McNabb, Phil Varone) – 14:02 (SH)
4. HAM – Mike Blunden (9) – (Michael Bournival, Greg Pateryn) – 0:26
5. HAM – Steve Quailer (5) – (Daultan Leveille) – 2:04