Binghamton, New York – The Binghamton Senators defeated the Hamilton Bulldogs 4-2 on Saturday night (March 23) at Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena. Mark Stone had two goals and Stephane Da Costa scored the game-winner for the Senators.
The American Hockey League game was scoreless after the opening frame with the Bulldogs outshooting the Senators 9-7.
Binghamton opened the scoring at 6:19 of the second period on a tally by Wacey Hamilton.
Hamilton tied the score seven minutes later when Frederic St. Denis’s shot from the slot flew over the glove of goaltender Nathan Lawson.
The Senators took a 2-1 lead at 1:57 of the third period when Stone put a shot under the crossbar.
Hamilton again tied the score six minutes later on a power-play maker by Greg Pateryn.
The Sens regained the lead on the power play at 14:31 of the third as Da Costa blasted a slapper from the top of the circle and the puck went off the post and in behind Dustin Tokarski.
Stone added an empty netter at 19:38 of the third period for his second goal of the game.
The Bulldogs’ next game is against the Abbotsford Heat at Copps Coliseum on Wednesday (March 27) at 7:30 p.m.
1. BNG – Wacey Hamilton (4) – (Shane Prince) – 6:19
2. HAM – Frederic St-Denis (5) – (Joey Tenute, Alex Belzile) – 13:42
3. BNG – Mark Stone(10) – (Mike Hoffman, Chris Wideman) – 1:57
4. HAM – Greg Pateryn (5) – (Nathan Beaulieu, Alex Belzile) – 7:50 (PP)
5. BNG – Stephane Da Costa (12) – (Mike Hoffman, Chris Wideman) – 14:31 (PP)
6. BNG – Mark Stone (11) – (Brett Lebda, Mark Borowiecki) – 19:38 (EN)